Version Effective Date: June 20, 2023
This Agreement is entered into by SWOP and the entity or person agreeing to these terms (the "Customer," “You” or “Your”) and govern the Customer's access to and use of the Services.
This Agreement is effective when the Customer is presented with this Agreement and proceeds to use the Services (the "Effective Date") or to receive or distribute Assets. These terms may be updated and presented again to theCustomer from time to time. Continued use of the Services constitutes acceptance of the updated terms. If You do not agree to this Agreement, please stop using the Services.
Other documents referenced here may also bind Customer’s use of the Services, including the Community Guidelines below.
We are constantly improving the Services to make them better. The Services are subject to modification and change, including but not limited to the art style of Assets, the algorithms used to generate the Assets, and features available to the Customer. No guarantees are made with respect to the Services’ quality, stability, uptime or reliability. Please do not create any dependencies on any attributes of the Services or the Assets. We will not be liable to You or Your downstream customers for any harm caused by Your dependency on the Service.
Both the Services and the Assets are provided to Customer on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranties or conditions of TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. You are solely responsible for determining the appropriateness of using or redistributing the Assets and assume any risks associated with use of the Services.
SWOP reserves the right to suspend or ban Your access to the Services at any time, and for any reason. You may not use the Services for competitive research. You may not reverse engineer the Services or the Assets. You may not use automated tools to access, interact with, or generate Assets through the Services. Only one user may use the Services per registered account. Each user of the Services may only have one account.
We reserve the right to investigate complaints or reported violations of our Terms of Service and to take any action we deem appropriate including but not limited to reporting any suspected unlawful activity to law enforcement officials, regulators, or other third parties and disclosing any information necessary orappropriate to such persons or entities relating to user profiles, e-mailaddresses, usage history, posted materials, IP addresses and trafficinformation.
By accessing the Services, You confirm that You are at least 13 years old and meet the minimum age of digital consent in Your country. If You are old enough to access the Services in Your country, but not old enough to have authority to consent to our terms, Your parent or guardian must agree to our terms on Your behalf.
Please ask Your parent or guardian to read these terms with You. If You are a parentor legal guardian, and You allow Your teenager to use the Services, then these terms also apply to You and You are responsible for Your teenager’s activity on the Services.
SWOP tries to make its Services PG-13 and family friendly, but the Assets are generated by an artificial intelligence system based on user queries. This is new technology and it does not always work as expected. No guarantees are made as to the suitability of the Assets for the Customer.
By using the Services, You may provide SWOP with personal information like Your email address, user name, billing information, favorites, image outputs, and text prompts that You enter, or sample images that You upload to the Service.
In this section, Paid Member shall refer to a Customer who has subscribed to apaying plan.
Rights You give to SWOP
By using the Services, You grant to SWOP, its successors, and assigns a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, sublicensable no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable copyright license to reproduce, prepare Derivative Works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute text, and image prompts You input into the Services, or Assets produced by the service at Your direction. This license survives termination of this Agreement by any party, for any reason.
Subject to the above license, You own all Assets You create with the Services, provided they were created in accordance with this Agreement. This excludes upscaling the images of others, which images remain owned by the original Asset creators. SWOP makes no representations or warranties with respect to the current law that might apply to You. Please consult Your own lawyer if You want more information about the state of current law in Your jurisdiction. Your ownership of the Assets you created persists even if in subsequent months You downgrade or cancel Your membership. However, You do not own the Assets if You fall under the exceptions below.
If You are not a Paid Member, You don’t own the Assets You create. Instead, SWOP grants You a license to the Assets under the Creative Commons Noncommercial 4.0 Attribution International License (the “Asset License”).
The full text is accessible as of the Effective Date here: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/legalcode.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by the Services violates your copyright or trademark, please send a notice of claimed infringement to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Takedown Request,” and include the following:
1. Your physical or electronic signature.
2. Identification of the copyrighted work (or mark) you believe to have been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works, are presentative list of such works.
3. Identification of the material you believe to be infringing in a sufficiently precise and detailed manner to allow us to locate that material.
4. Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number, and, if available, email address).
5. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
6. A statement that the information in the written notice is accurate.
7. A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
8. If the copyright owner’s rights arise under the laws of a country other than Denmark, please identify the country.
Upon receipt of a notice that complies with the foregoing, we reserve the right to remove or disable access to the accused material or disable any links to thematerial; notify the party accused of infringement that we have removed ordisabled access to the identified material; and terminate access to and use of the Services for any user who engages in repeated acts of infringement.
Please be aware that if you knowingly misrepresent that material or activity on the Services is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages.
If You believe that material was removed or access to it was disabled by mistake or misidentification, you may file a counter-notification with us by submitting a written notification to our copyright agent designated above. Such notification must include substantially the following:
1. Your physical or electronic signature.
2. An identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access disabled.
3. Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number, and, if available, email address).
4. A statement under penalty of per jury by you that you have a good faith belief that the material identified above was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to beremoved or disabled.
5. A statement that you will consent to the jurisdiction of the judicial district in which the Services may be found, and that you will accept service from the person (or an agent of that person) who provided us with the complaint at issue.
6. Our designated agent to receive counter notices is the same as the agent shown above.
7. The to restore the removed content within 10-14 business days unless the complaining party initiates a court action against you during that time period and notifies us of the same.
8. Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on the Services was removed or disabledby mistake or misidentification, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorney’s fees).
1. ALL LEGAL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TOTHIS AGREEMENT (INCLUDING ANY DISPUTE REGARDING THE INTERPRETATION ORPERFORMANCE OF THE AGREEMENT) ("Dispute") WILL BE GOVERNED BY THELAWS OF DENMARK. Sorry for putting that in caps, but hopefully You read it carefully. We're talking about serious and reasonably meritorious legal claims, not personal disputes that don't cause economic harm.
2. The parties will try in good faith to settle any Dispute within 30 days after the Dispute arises. If the Dispute is not resolved within 30 days, it shall be resolved acording to Danish law.
3. Either party may apply to any competent court for injunctive relief necessary to protect its rightspending resolution of the arbitration. The arbitrator may order equitable or injunctive relief consistent with the remedies and limitations in the Agreement.
4. The arbitral award will be final and binding on the parties and its execution may be presented in any competent court, including any court with jurisdiction over either party or any of its property.
5. Each party will bear its own lawyers’ and experts’ fees and expenses, regardless of the arbitrator’s final decision regarding the Dispute.
If You purchase an unlimited plan, we will try to reasonably offer You unlimited access to the Services. However, we reserve the right to rate limit You to prevent quality decay or interruptions to other customers.
We may invoice You for Your use of the Services through a third party payment service provider. The third party service provider’s terms of service shall govern and supersede this Agreement in case of conflict.
You are free to cancel Your plan at any time. We also reserve the right to terminate Your access to the Service for any reason, including for violation ofthe Community Guidelines or other inappropriate use of the Service. Any violation of Community Guidelines is a breach of this Agreement. You will not be refunded for the current subscription period, but You will not be charged after the current subscription period has ended.
1. Be kind and respect each other and staff. Do not create images or use text prompts that are inherently disrespectful, aggressive, or otherwise abusive. Violence or harassment of any kind will notbe tolerated.
2. No adult content or gore. Please avoid making visually shocking or disturbing content. We will block some text inputs automatically.
3. Sharing others’ creations. Do not publicly repost the creations of others without their permission.
4. You may not use the Services to generate images for political campaigns, or to try to influence the outcome of an election.
5. Be careful about sharing. It’s OK to share Your creations outside of the SWOP community but please consider how others might view Your content.
6. Banhammer. Any violations of these rules may lead to bans from our services. We are not a democracy. Behave respectfully or lose Your rights to use the Service.
We provide the service as is, and we make no promises or guarantees about it.
You understand and agree that we will not be liable to You or any third party for any loss of profits, use, goodwill, or data, or for any incidental, indirect, special, consequential or exemplary damages, however they arise.
You are responsible for Your use of the service. If You harm someone else or get into a dispute with someone else, we will not be involved.
If You knowingly infringe someone else’s intellectual property, and that costs us money, we’re going to come find You and collect that money from You.
1. Force Majeure. Neither party will be liable for failure or delay in performance to the extent caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including natural disasters, terrorism, riots, or war.
2. No Agency. This Agreement does not create any agency, partnership, or joint venture between the parties.
3. Severability. If any part of this Agreement is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the rest of the Agreement will remain ineffect.
4. No Third-Party Beneficiaries. This Agreement does not confer any benefits on any third party unless it expressly states that itdoes.
5. Survival. The sections and obligations in this Agreement that a reasonable person would expect to survive this agreement, will.